Official emblem of the Project
Purpose of the program: to reduce morbidity and mortality from tuberculosis and a gradual decrease in the associated burden on society.
Objectives of the program:
- Implement and ensure the availability to the public of modern effective methods of detecting and diagnosing tuberculosis.
- Ensure availability and compliance with international and national standards for treatment of tuberculosis patients, including MDR and combined with HIV infection.
- Improve the system of management, monitoring and evaluation of the program in order to improve its efficiency with a focus on the final result.
Financing The program will be within the costs of all the partners involved in the program and in the amounts provided for by it, an annual compilation of specific action plans (tasks) and their financing.
News by tag "Stop TB in the Donetsk region"
"The results of the "Program of overcoming the TB epidemic in the Donetsk region of 2007-2011."
The program "Overcoming the TB epidemic in the Donetsk region of 2007-2011" which was held as part of the national project "Stop TB in Ukraine", has demonstrated real opportunities of systematic and productive work.
Thanks to close cooperation between "Rinat Akhmetov Foundation" Donetsk Regional Council and the Donetsk Regional State Administration, in partnership with international organizations (WHO, PATH) the following results were achieved:
- TB mortality decreased by 42% in 2011 compared with 2006. In 2006, 1460 ill people died of tuberculosis 1460, in 2011 - 812.
- The incidence rate decreased by 26.5%, the number of patients who got became ill with TB for the first time decreased from 4582 persons in 2006 to 3 231 in 2011.
- Modern laboratory equipment for fast and accurate diagnosis of TB was purchased.
- Comfortable and safe environment for patients and for work of the medical staff was created in the four specialized hospitals.
- 1696 people (medical and non-medical staff) were trained on international and national standards for the diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis in the Training Center on the basis of the Regional Clinical Tuberculosis Hospital.