The "Family For a Child" project has been carried out by "Rinat Akhmetov Foundation" with the Dnipropetrovsk Regional State Administration since May 2011.
Term of the project - until January 2016.
Aim of the project: To reduce the number of orphans and children deprived of parental care in institutions of Dnipropetrovsk region every year by 20% through adoption and placement of children in the family-based upbringing and reintegration.
"Rinat Akhmetov Foundation" plays an important role in the regional project "Family For a Child":
- Creation of community facilities for the prevention of child abandonment: Center for working with families in difficult circumstances, and mother and child centre.
- Support and organization of foster families and family-type children’s homes in the region.
- Support for projects of regional public organizations for the development of family-based upbringing.
- Education of foster parents and adoptive parents during the implementation period of the project.
- Education of social workers for the implementation period of the project.
- Development of a strategy for reforming residential care facilities of Dnepropetrovsk region in partnership with international organizations:
Lumos organization jointly with by Rinat Akhmetov’s "Rinat Akhmetov Foundation" are developing a strategy to reform boarding institutions of Dnepropetrovsk region for all groups of children and suggest mechanisms for the transition to a new level of social services. Deinstitutionalization strategy involves closing of up to 80% residential care facilities by 2020.
Moreover, the project will prevent admission to residential care institutions of about 50 children a year.
"Rinat Akhmetov Foundation" jointly with charity organization "Hope and Homes for Children" are carrying out the project "Implementation of reform model of boarding schools along with the development of services to support children and families in the Dnipropetrovsk region" (short name - "Good to be Home"). The project objective is to develop and implement a model of reforming residential institutions with the simultaneous development of family-oriented services for children and families.
News by tag "Family For a Child"
|Dnepropetrovsk State Regional Administration
1 Kirov Street, Dnepropetrovsk city, Ukraine
Tel.:(056) 742 89 80
|Charity "Hope and Homes for Children"
4 Bagoutovskaya Street, office 57, Kiev city, 04107
Tel.: +38 (044) 483 77 83
Fax: +38 (044) 483 29 79
|Благотворительный Фонд «Помогаем»
Tel. +380 (56) 789 06 60
2-14 Berry Street
Tел.: +44 20 7253 64 64, DL: +44 20 7017 85 87
14 Lenin Street, Dnepropetrovsk city, Ukraine
(056) 745 97 84
|Charity Festival "Mom +Me"
18 a Dzerzhynskiy Street, Dnepropetrovsk city,
Tel.: 8 (056) 789-25-25