Official emblem of the Project
Aim of the project: to ensure the right of every orphan or any child deprived of parental care to be raised in a family; provide support (legal, psychological, social) for families that want to take a child into their family, to promote the creation of foster families and family-type homes.
As part of this program:
- Ukrainian national adoption portal www.sirotstvy.net in cooperation with the Ministry of Social Policy has been of great help: it contains information on children available for adoption. During the project more than 8500 children have found a family. Here you can also find information on adoption, placement of children into care / trusteeship, creation of foster families and of family-type homes, get expert advice, share your opinion in our website forum.
- Toll-free hotline for adoption (0800) 50-14-14 has been created, where you can get free expert advice on matters of national adoption.
- 41 family-type children's homes were created in Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk, Lviv, Kirovograd regions and in Kyiv.
- With the technical support of Rinat Akhmetov’s Foundation "Development of Ukraine" and the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) a study "Children's rights in Ukraine: realities and challenges after 20 years of independence" was conducted. The study was conducted by Ukrainian Institute of Social Studies named after A. Yaremenko on request of the presidential envoy on children’s rights.
- Together with the Ukrainian Center for Social Reforms and the Ukrainian Institute of Social studies named after A. Yaremenko the Foundation has conducted the survey "The life of graduates of residential institutions, family-type children’s homes and foster families."
||Life Path of Graduates
||Children's Rights in Ukraine
- Social campaign “No to Orphancy" has been launched in cooperation with FC "Shakhtar" in support of national adoption and family values.
Under this project Charitable Foundation "Development of Ukraine" promotes the importance and value of education of each child in a family.
Useful information: http://sirotstvy.net/ua/useful-information/
News by tag “No to Orphancy"
Ukrainian portal of National Adoption